Professor and Chair
Civil, Environmental, and Sustainable Engineering Department
Santa Clara University
500 El Camino Real
Santa Clara, CA 95053-0563
tel: 408.554.2178 fax: 408.554.5474
- Ph.D. Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Washington, 2002
- M.S. Civil Engineering (Water Resources), University of California, Berkeley, 1989
- B.S. Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Rhode Island, 1985
Professional Civil Engineer, California, first registered in 1991
- 2015-present: Professor, Santa Clara University, Santa Clara, CA.
- 2009-2015: Associate Professor, Santa Clara University, Santa Clara, CA.
- 2003-2009: Assistant Professor, Santa Clara University, Santa Clara, CA.
- 2003-2003: Adjunct Professor, Civil Engineering, Seattle University, Seattle, WA.
- 2002-2003: Research Engineer/ Hydrologist, University of Washington, Seattle, WA.
- 1998-2002: Research Assistant, University of Washington, Seattle, WA.
- 1994-1998: Volunteer, Maryknoll Missioners, Peru.
- 1990-1994: Senior Engineer, Natural Resources Consulting Engineers, Berkeley, CA.
- 1989-1990: Research Assistant, Pacific Institute, Berkeley, CA..
- 1988-1989: Research Assistant, University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA.
- 1985-1988: Engineer, Kupper Associates, Piscataway, NJ.
Primary Research Topics
- Climate Change and its Impacts on Water - in the Western U.S., Central and South America
- Downscaling - the art & science of estimating local climate impacts from global projections
Classes Taught at SCU
- CENG 41 - Statics
- CENG 139 - Groundwater Hydrology
- CENG 140 - Water Resources Engineering
- CENG 141 - Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulic Engineering
- CENG 142 - Water Resources Design
- CENG 160 - GIS in Water Resources
- CENG 161 - Sustainable Water Resources
- CENG 162 - Computational Water Resources